Organizing Ideas For The Weekend #17 | From Overwhelmed to Organized: Organizing Ideas For The Weekend #17

Friday, April 26, 2013

Organizing Ideas For The Weekend #17



Happy Friday!  Time for another organizing idea for your weekend :) 

Do you have a lot of emails in your inbox?  Or in folders in your email account?  With unlimited storage these days, it seems many of us have taken that option literally and we keep WAY too many emails.

I've been working lately on cleaning up my email accounts.  I have thousands of emails that I will never look at again and the more they accumulate, the more overwhelmed I feel.  And I use my email accounts so often that it's emotionally draining to see them all there.


I won't tackle all of them in one weekend, and if you have a lot of emails too, then you'll probably need more than one weekend also.  But, you can START this weekend.

Tomorrow I'll be posting about an email de-cluttering challenge that I'm hoping you'll join me in, so make sure you check that out.

But, if you want to start tackling your cluttered email inbox right away, here are a few links that I found motivating and helpful!

Each of these links discuss the initial deleting process and give you strategies to help you reduce your email tally.

http://lifeasmom.com/2011/02/clean-out-your-inbox-my-7-step-program-to-email-success.html


http://moneysavingmom.com/2013/03/how-i-keep-my-email-inbox-to-fewer-than-5-emails.html

So this weekend here's what you can do:


  1. Read the links in this post for tips and motivation.
  2. Read my email de-cluttering challenge post tomorrow {I'll be including a free printable as well as a customize-able Excel spreadsheet so you'll have options for tracking your progress}.
  3. Determine approximately how many emails you have in total.
  4. Leave a comment on tomorrow's challenge post with your starting numbers {don't worry, I won't judge you!}.
  5. Start deleting emails!


If you are eager to start right away, {way to go!}, you can do steps 1, 3, and 5 now and then check back tomorrow to do steps 2 and 4.

Is your inbox a cluttered mess?  Are you going to join in the email purging challenge?  Which of the tips in this post do you think will help you tackle your emails the most?  

Happy organizing and have a great weekend!


   

I link up at these great parties - Check them out!